Volkswagen Tiguan vs Honda CR-V
If you’re on the hunt for a crossover SUV that can handle your busy life in Toms River, Brick, or Freehold with grace and style, you’ve come to the right place! Both the Volkswagen Tiguan and the Honda CR-V have what it takes—and more—to get you from point A to point B.
But, how will you be able to choose between the two with so many features to be excited about in both? We at Toms River VW have put together this comparison to help you do just that. Read ahead to see how the VW Tiguan and the CR-V stack up against each other in performance, interior space, and technology! Contact us today for more information.
VW Tiguan vs CR-V: Performance
Leading the way in the Volkswagen Tiguan offers the following:
- A standard 2.0L TSI 4-cylinder engine, which delivers an incredible 184 horsepower and 221 lb-ft of torque.
- With this much power, you’ll have the capability to tow as much as 1,500 pounds of trailer weight.
- The VW Tiguan available 4MOTION® all-wheel drive system.
- This drivetrain lets you customize your traction to cater to your current driving conditions.
- Stay in control with four unique drive modes including Snow Mode, On-Road Mode, Off-Road Mode, and Off-Road Custom.
As for the Honda CR-V, you’ll have a 2.4L 4-cylinder engine powering you. This engine will give you the same horsepower as the VW Tiguan, but it’s significantly lacking in the torque department, with only 180 lb-ft to offer. You also won’t have the option to include the smart 4MOTION® technology.
VW Tiguan vs CR-V: Interior Space
When shopping for a crossover SUV, interior space is high up on the list of priorities. Luckily, the Volkswagen Tiguan and the Honda CR-V deliver when it comes to cargo. When all rear seats are folded down, these vehicles offer an incredible 73+ cubic feet of total cargo volume.
One thing you’ll miss out on in the CR-V, however, is room for extra passengers. The CR-V only offers seating for five passengers. The VW Tiguan, which still gives you the size and agility of a crossover, offering:
- Seating for seven passengers
- The VW Tiguan can still handle 37.6 cubic feet of cargo behind the third row of seats
VW Tiguan vs CR-V: Technology
As models, the Volkswagen Tiguan and the Honda CR-V offer some of the most advanced technology features on the market right now. Both come standardly equipped with infotainment systems that offer convenient Bluetooth® wireless, along with rearview cameras.
However, the VW Tiguan takes technology to the next level.
- Standardizing premium features like touchscreen capability and smartphone integration.
- In the VW Tiguan, you can standardly access all your favorite smartphone apps right on your infotainment screen using Volkswagen Car-Net® App-Connect.
Volkswagen Tiguan vs Honda CR-V: The Verdict
While the Honda CR-V sports some great features, it’s clear that the Volkswagen Tiguan comes out on top in every category. Now that you’ve had a taste of what this crossover can do, it’s time to get behind the wheel and experience it for yourself.
Shoppers in Toms River, Brick, and Freehold should contact us here at Toms River VW today to schedule a test drive in the VW Tiguan!